Being a voracious reader I keep looking to feed my Brains through good magazines, periodicals, blogs, books, internet etc. Today morning, I happened to read one brilliant article written by Mr. Mahesh Patil, Co-CIO and Head of Equity, Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund. I would like to share few extracts.
In 2001, at the age of 28, Sachin Tendulkar achieved historic milestone of scoring 10,000 runs in ODI cricket; a feat no human had ever achieved before. Then, people were discussing Sachin’s future.
Nifty 50 crossed 10,000 mark at the age of 21, this time too, we have witnessed lengthy debates and discussions as to what next from here?
Let’s look at some positive points:
1. Good monsoon benefitting rural India.
2. Operating leverage working for metal companies due to structurally low commodity prices.
3. Lower provisions for wholesale private banks.
4. Reduction in the cost of retail banks due to low saving rates.
5. Benefits for all corporates due to low borrowing costs after interest rate cut transmission.
Sachin, post hitting 10,000 runs went on to make 8,000+ runs more in ODIs in the subsequent 11 years. On the other hand, Nifty 50 could reach greater heights faster with no retirement.
As Sachin used to focus on every ball and play on merit of the ball being bowled at him, investor should focus on his or her financial goals and invest accordingly.
10,000 is just a number!!!
Happy Investing !